UltraSurf 13.01 Free Download
Freeware: This program is free software
Ultrasurf is a neat Internet privacy protection tool that allows you to surf the web anonymously. Not only that, but using it you can also visit websites that are blocked by your ISP (or if you’re at work blocked by the company) thus fights censorship, within certain limits (it’s no use trying to overcome censorship in China using it).
Ultrasurf works with most major web browsers (Internet Explorer, FireFox, Opera, Chrome) and is vastly used by those that want to protect their identity online or surpass Internet restrictions. According to UltraReach Internet (its developer), these services are used by millions for over 7 years now, reaching a daily hit number of close to 800 million and a traffic quota (daily) of 8 TB.
The program doesn’t need installation (it’s an executable, i.e. u99.exe is the executable for version 9.9) and is portable, thus you can take it on a thumbdrive with you on any computer you’re browsing from. Ultrasurf will encrypt your internet activity thus no one can trace what websites you visited and what did you do while browsing online (no history, cookies or the like are saved on your computer plus your IP address can be hidden against being used as evidence in another website’s log files).
Now if you’re thinking how is Ultrasurf able to bypass censorship, the answer isn’t simple. They use a technology that allows it to pass through firewall protections and give you access (encrypted) to the internet – because it can pass through firewalls, some antiviruses will label it as a Trojan, but only because of its behavior not due to malicious code.
Advantages for using Ultrasurf:
- -It doesn’t require installation (you can run the executable directly)
- -Very easy to use (only a few buttons and options)
- -Your connection to the internet is encrypted, and no traces are left behind
As a disadvantage I would mention the fact that is closed source, and given the sensibility of this type of software it could very easy be doing something to help governments of certain countries (i.e. China) by sharing browser habits of particular users – plus the browsing might be slowed down a bit when using it.
Video tutorial on how to download, install and use Ultrasurf
UltraSurf is a free software which enables users inside countries with heavy Internet censorship to visit any public web sites in the world safely and freely. Users in countries without internet censorship also use it to protect their internet privacy and security.
With UltraSurf started, you can use web browsers (like IE, Firefox) the same as before, but all are under UltraSurf's protection now.
- Privacy: Protect Internet privacy with anonymous surfing and browsing -- hide IP addresses and locations, clean browsing history, cookies & more
- Security: Completely transparent data transfer and high level encryption of the content allow you to surf the web with high security
- Freedom: UltraSurf (u98, u99, u97, u96, u95, u94) allows you to overcome the censorship and blockage on the Internet. You can browse any website freely, so as to obtain true information from the free world
No special requirements