WPE Pro 0.9a Free Download
Shareware: You can try this program, but this version has some limited features or time usage restrictions. You should purchase it in order to remove those limits.
WPE Pro stands for Winsock Packet Editor Pro, and unlike you might be judging is a freeware application (Pro standing from the fact that is a professional tool, not a paid edition). Just like Cheat Engine, WPE also is used mainly with the purpose of hacking games (especially those that are played in multi-player mode). This is done in a similar manner, basically being a packet sniffer/editor, it will intercept what a process from the memory sends out, allow you to edit it, and then release that to reach its destination. Of course that WPE Pro could be used for other purposes, such as troubleshooting web applications, but its notability comes from the capacity of being used as a multiplayer game cheat.
You have to have some advanced skills though in using it, at least the ability to follow a technical tutorial, because WPE Pro is not for anyone. Furthermore, most antiviruses will recognize that this is a packet sniffer and they will block the program (Kaspersky does this for sure). So when using WPE you’ll need to disable your antivirus, otherwise you’ll have to be honest and NOT CHEAT on games. It can be used successfully to cheat on multiplayer games even as popular as World of Warcraft, Club Penguin or DragonFable, but doing so you’ll expose your account to a more serious risk, that of being banned by the administrators.
WPE Pro can be used under different scenarios (good or bad), such as:
- Troubleshoot problems that occur in your network
- Act like an intrusion shield, by allowing you to see intrusion attempts
- Monitor network traffic and other usage statistics
- Set filters in the communication exchanged via the network
- Semi-trojan mode, which basically would allow you to spy on the information that is exchanged over the network
- Debugging communications between a network client and the server (aka cheating in online games), with the ability to reverse engineer the protocols transferred
Between Cheat Engine and WPE Pro I can tell you that with both you’ll be able to reach the same goal with some perseverance, that of tricking server-based games or multiplayer online games and increasing your score/resource/powers and many other things.
WPE Pro video guide and usage scenario:
Winsock Packet Editor (WPE) Pro is a packet sniffing/editing tool which is generally used to hack multiplayer games. WPE Pro allows modification of data at TCP level. Using WPE Pro one can select a running process from the memory and modify the data sent by it before it reaches the destination. It can record packets from specific processes, then analyze the information. You can setup filters to modify the packets or even send them when you want in different intervals. WPE Pro could also be a useful tool for testing thick client applications or web applications which use applets to establish socket connections on non http ports. Features:
- Analyze network problems.
- Detect network intrusion attempts.
- Gain information for effecting a network intrusion.
- Monitor network usage.
- Gather and report network statistics.
- Filter suspect content from network traffic.
- Spy on other network users and collect sensitive information such as passwords (depending on any content encryption methods which may be in use)
- Reverse engineer protocols used over the network.
- Debug client/server communications.
No special requirements